Saturday, January 30, 2016

Three Prompts and a Mandala

This piece (prompt #52) of Prompt60 had three prompts that went with it….Tangerine, Dance, Synonyms.  I found this wonderful tangerine coloured flower as part of the background and covered the rest of the background in orange.  I cut this ballerina from a poster I had and did a gell transfer of the "Little Dancer" by Degas from a photo I took of her when I was in New York.  Then….I got out my humungous thesaurus and found as many words as I could for Dance.  I'm not happy with the way I wrote them on…..but we don't have to like all our work!

This mandala was completed over three sittings.  It's in a book I take with me when I know I'm going to be waiting.  I always carry some sort of doodle book with me and most of the people who know me are now expecting to see it and don't mind if I'm doodling during a conversation.  I'm still paying attention - it just keeps me a bit more relaxed.  The background on this page is a "second print" from a stencil that was being used with Dylusions Spray Inks.  I love the way it sort of melted into the page in a subtle sort of way.

Doodling is relaxing - that's why there's so many books out on it right now!
Create something everyday.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment