Friday, January 29, 2016

Music Canvases

I didn't realize I hadn't posted in a week.  I've been busy making some more music canvases to be sold at an Orff workshop this weekend.  The above is a replica of a piece I did in one of my books.  A friend asked if I could do it on a canvas and I said I'd try.

This piece is sort of a replica of one I've done previously.  The idea is the same with the circles and words, but I changed the clefs and of course the backgrounds can never be the same.

I had this pink background handing around for a long time.  I decided to try something new with all the holey tape around the drawn clef.  And of course, give me an open space and I'll probably fill it with some sort of zentangle.

For this final piece, it was a good way to get rid of little bits and pieces of music that I've used on other projects.  One of the music pieces had the key outlined from it - I used it as scrap when I was colouring a key - so I found a quote that had to do with a key and music, covered the key shape with embossing gold embossing powder a number of times and before it cooled off the last time I stamped it with a music stamp.  Each of the little scraps of music has been outlined with gold too.

Create something everyday.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment