Sunday, January 10, 2016

Mixed Media Hymn


I was following video instructions for a mixed media page, and although I didn't have the stamps or stencils that were used in the video - I think it turned out pretty well.  
I began by using Dylusions spray inks for the background and then adding some design from a stencil using chalk.  The sun, in the right corner, was created using a doily that I cut into pie pieces and glued down leaving a little bit of space between the wedges. Afterwards I used gold and reddish paint and tried highlighting the pieces by drawing lines in-between the wedges…..this needs practice!
The birds are from a Stampin'Up! punch using some pre-embossed paper and sponging colour onto them.  I then outlined them with black watercolour crayon and water in order to create some shadow.
The words are from a hymn which was my favourite as a child.  I printed the words out on the computer and then cut them up and attached them, painting over the papers with a yellow wash and outlining each block of words to create shadow.
If I did this page again I would definitely change how I did some things, but I  am happy with it.

Use the lyrics to one of your songs as an inspiration for your art.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment