Monday, January 4, 2016

Irregular Grid Collage

This is the second page in my "Novel Approach" altered book.  I found some larger sticky letters, but the problem I had this time when I went to take them off was that they pulled some of the paper along with them.  Easy fix - just cover the torn sections with the background paint.  Also, instead of leaving the letters with the original page base, I finger painted them with my co-ordinating colour, outlined them in black paint sharpie and again with white paint sharpie.
I have the little EXIT sign pointing to a hole in the paper where the letter tore off.  So that's my escape hatch for release.
Tammy's instructions didn't include doodling around the edges of the pictures in the grid - the difference between these first two pages is the little bit of paint outlining each picture and overlapping the edges of it a bit to soften it a bit.  I can see now that I failed to outline a little bird that's sitting on top of Michael Jackson.  Guess I'd better go back and include him.

So tears and holes in your work are all workable into some sort of solution.  They are creative opportunities - there is no mistakes in art!

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment