Saturday, January 2, 2016

Huge Collage

My little box of bits and pieces was overflowing on my desk so I decided the afternoon of New Year's Eve to start working on a collage to hopefully be able to get my box closest.  I did it in my hand bound Found Paper Bag Book.  This particular spread measures 25.5x10".


Here is a close up of the left hand page.  The bird's tail feather is a real feather that I used on a gelli print in the summer so it's painted blue.  There's also a little row of those little paint globs that you get when you open a tube of paint.

Nothing in particular about this page - I did want to use dancers across the spread and I love the dancers in the box!

So, my box is closer to closing now that it was the other day.  Ya want to keep all the little bits and pies that interest you, but you also need to not be afraid to use them.  If you're working in a journal that you are going to keep yourself - then you'll always have them.

I challenge you to make a collage of your own with scraps you have hanging around your desk and post a link to it here so I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment