Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Novel Approach Prisms

The next assignment in our Novel Approach Altered Book - from DaisyYellow - was to paint a prism on two pages while holding an index card in place - this way the space underneath was masked and provides a place to write something - PLUS - those painted index cards will definitely be used this summer for Index Card a Day!
I really thought that the pages would be brighter because I was using yellow and orange, but when you add black into the mix and you're not washing off your brush, you do end up with interesting mixtures. I'm not altogether disappointed - I just thought it would be brighter.

Here are the pages with the index cards removed.  I have since painted the empty space with white paint and things have brightened up!  I would be fun to use a variety of different shapes for this sort of exercise…circles, hearts, stars.  Fun, fun, fun.

Create something everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment