Sunday, January 17, 2016

Masking Rainbows & Leftover Paint

Painted rainbows colours and masking was another assignment in the "Novel Approach" workshop I'm taking from Tammy at DaisyYellow.  We used an index card as a mask on our page and painted the vertical stripes and then removed the index card.  Next we masked all the vertical stripes and painted the horizontal ones.  This project was exceptionally fun because we did the painting with our fingers.

I had a bunch of leftover paint on my table after completing my rainbow - and we never want to waste supplies!  So I opened up on of my art journals that has pictures in it, punched some circular "masks" and finger painted the leftover paint onto the page.  Removing the masks uncovered the images underneath.  I must remember this technique, because there are times when I'm working on a page in a book with images that I may want to keep within my work.

Get messy and create something new everyday.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment