Monday, January 11, 2016

Mixed Media with Glass

This is another canvas piece that I've been keeping under wraps for a while until I gave it to it's new owner.  It's sort of a joke between a friend and I that he gives me assignments to complete - shadow, reflection, and on this occasion he wanted me to "art" the bottles lined up on a bar and lit from below.  It took a long time to come up with what I wanted to do.  When I did the melted glass ornaments at a Nina Haggerty Art Night - I made the little square piece in the middle.  It wasn't quite what I expected but it grew into this piece which I am quite happy with.  I was very thankful that I was able to purchase small pieces of glass from the Nina in order to fill the "counter" of bottles.  
I drew "stones" below and filled them with zentangles and surrounded them with black molding paste.  There's a lot of texture going on.

Is there a piece of art you can create for a friend or family member?
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment