Thursday, June 9, 2016

Warmups for Icad 2016

Good Grief - almost a month has passed since I posted anything.  I'm realizing I can't always get to posting everyday - but I thought I could make it once a week - and then a month flies by.  With the beginning of June came the beginning of this year's Index Card a Day 2016 Challenge.  This is a personal challenge, no deadlines, no prizes - just the satisfaction of having created a small piece of art once a day for 61 days (June and July).  If you are interested in participating, you can get all of the details at Tammy Garcia's blog - DaisyYellowArt.com

Tammy had 10 warmup exercises…I didn't complete them all (although I will eventually):
First off we were to do some sort of puzzle - crossword, jigsaw, sudoku, etc  just to get the brain exercised.

The next warm up was to write three Haiku poems.  I usually end up doing these  on previously done journal pages just to add some interest to them.
This is the second Haiku, but I still have to write the third one.

Warm-up #3 was to create a small travel case for doing index cards on the go - when you're waiting for an appointment etc.  This is a really mini one for me - sharpies in black and white, markers, gelatos, aqua painter and some index cards - some blank, some with backgrounds already added.  When I'm traveling the case includes a bit more because I'm away from home for longer - scissors, glue, pencil etc.

This warmup had to do with making a collage with junk mail.  Mine ended up being a one piece collage because I thought this little stopwatch was too cute as a way to count down to Icad beginning.

Warm up #8 was all about irregular circles - so I got out my scraps and started cutting.  Tons of fun!

Warmup #10 was to make a title card for Icad 2016 - Woo Hoo.
I'll share some of my first cards tomorrow.

Create something - no matter how big or small - everyday
Joan

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun. 
Pablo Picasso




No comments:

Post a Comment