Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Journal Pages

I have this stencil of eye glasses that I just couldn't pass up for some reason.  Here I paired it with a pair of wooden glasses that I painted bright green and added rhinestones to.   And staying curious is an important thing to do - especially in anything artistic. What will happen if I do ….this…?  Music, painting, dance, acting, are all open for curious minds.

I did follow an "Artist Gang" tutorial for this journal page and I'm glad I did.  Creating a background and then using the "Mask" portion of this stencil was a new process and a good one to remember.


I attended one of the Urban Scrapbook journal nights and this is the page we created.  Imagine how happy I was when I saw we'd be including zentangles!  Right up my alley.  I also liked the process we used for adding the text.  I adhered sticky letters of various fonts onto the bare page and then covered it with gesso.  Once all the layers of colour were on, I outlined the letters in sharpie to make them pop off the page.  Too Cool.

Create something everyday.
Joan

Draw your pleasure, paint your pleasure, and express your pleasure strongly.
 Pierre Bonnard

No comments:

Post a Comment