Monday, June 20, 2016

Former Dancers?

A few months ago I was in the scrapbook store I go to to take classes and buy products.  I spotted three "old lady dancers" stencils and asked my daughter which one I should get - being a former (and now old lady) dancer myself)  She told me to buy them all, so I did and two of them are posted today.
The above page is inspired by a tutorial from the Art Gang attached to Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesdays.  I used a different image, but the theme of balance and the round circles were part of the "lesson".

I absolutely love the tissue paper that Aritzia uses in their packaging when you purchase something from their store - these huge feathers are wonderful…..so I knew I had to include one with this second dancer as she lept across the page.  Not much leaping in my life anymore, but it's fun to imagine.  The funky circles are from the same thinlits set I used the other day - "Swirly Scribbles".  I cut the pieces out of gelliprint paper that I'd made previously and matched my colour scheme.

Create something everyday.
Joan

Art cannot be modern. Art is primordially eternal. 
Egon Schiele

No comments:

Post a Comment