Sunday, June 19, 2016

Busy days with Canvas

I have a "job" creating canvases for a realtor who gives them to his clients when they purchase a home. It's quite an honour and lots of fun coming up with different pieces.  He wanted to see a selection to pick from so I got busy over a two day period.

When I'm making a music themed piece, I like using old music torn up for the background.  In the above piece I was also able to us one of Stampin'Up!'s new thinlits (Swirly Scribbles).  The lines worked perfectly as a funky sort of staff.  I'll be using them a lot for this I'm sure!


I had done a journal page, a week or so ago, similar to this.  I thought the muted tones would work well as a house gift.  The fun part of this piece was creating the wrinkly texture in the background with a piece of tissue paper.

When I put the black, silver and white paint onto this canvas I really wasn't sure where I was going to go with it.  I ended up with a lot of stuff pulled onto my workspace before deciding on punching out squares of different matching papers and embossing some of them.

I was thankful the creative juices were flowing those two days…..and all the pieces were chosen, so that made it even better.

Create something everyday.
Joan

Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable. 
George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment