Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Doodling...

I was at an event a week ago and I brought along one of my doodling books that I can carry in my (big) purse.  Over the course of the evening I worked on this mandala…I don't usually make them so intricate, but I like how this one turned out.

I'm trying my best to work with zentangles that are not "contained", but rather flow around the page…..and to use colour rather than just black sharpie.  This particular book is bound with Mixed Media paper by Canson - boy what a difference paper makes.  I'm usually doing my doodles in my found paper books, which are fantastic, and work perfectly.  But the flow of the sharpie on this paper is wonderful. Now - what would happen if I changed to a "good" pen.

Create something everyday.
Joan

The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person. Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment