Sunday, June 12, 2016

May Mandalas

Thought I'd share some of the mandalas I created during the latter part of May - some big, some small, some ready for sale, some in journals.  The above vibrant orange one is on a square piece of cardboard - I'm not sure what I'm doing with them yet, but it will come to me eventually.

Another done on a square piece of cardboard - 12x12.  It's actually the support piece of cardboard for our Stampin'Up! Designer paper - I don't throw anything out!

I had this background painted on a square canvas and decided to draw a mandala on it.  I like the final set of triangles and the 3-D look I gave them.  I'll be selling this one at the farmer's market this month; so I added a quote to it.  It's put on with molding past so it adds some texture to the whole piece.

There are those times when I'm out for dinner with friends and they're used to me having a doodle book in my purse.  I can't say I'm entirely pleased with the way this one turned out - but it is interesting and you're not going to produce art that you love every single day - that would just be crazy!


I'm pretty sure this is on a 12x12 piece of cardboard again, but I used some spraying through a stencil before doing the design.

This is a favourite journal spread. I like the open-ness of it and the colours that I added.  I have this mindset that zentangles and mandalas are done in black - but I know that is not true - AT ALL - and I do like when I've added colour to the mandala, not just drawn it on a coloured background.

This one is a bit different what I've done before because it's turned out square.

Finally, another done on a piece of support cardboard.  I couldn't continue the mandala into the one corner because of the writing - I wanted it to be clean.

Create something everyday - practise practise!
Joan

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. 
Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment