Saturday, June 18, 2016

Week 2 of Icad

Prompt #8 - Island.  This card had a bit of painted paper towel glued onto the bottom already, so since it looked like a little island, I added some waves and trees and then listed the different islands that I could think of.

Prompt #9 - Compass.  I was away from home when I did this - so I had to look through some hotel magazines for items to use.  I was able to find one "North" symbol - but that was it for any sort of compass - so since compasses help you get places, I cut out words.

Prompt #10 - Cobalt Blue - I know not all of the blues on this card are cobalt, but it was fun finding all the textures of blue in my stash of magazine clippings.

Prompt #11 - Baseball.  It was convenient that I found a prepainted index card with this curve on it that reminded me of how the baseball fields always have fancy designs "cut" into them - and of course the infield is sorta shaped like this.  So I added little bases, the pitchers mound and a piece of ephemera from when we went to a Jays game a couple years ago.

Prompt #12 - TV - couldn't think of what to do for this - so since I had scraps of watercolour stripes on my workspace, I created a little collage with them.  That's the nice thing about the "rules" for ICAD, you don't have to stick to the prompts each day.

Prompt #13 - playground.  I made a playground of zentangles.

Prompt #14 - Venn Diagram.  I couldn't decide what two things I wanted to compare in a Venn diagram, so I just created a bunch of different sized diagrams on watercolour paper and painted them in.

Create something everyday.
Joan

A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind. 
Eugene Ionesco

No comments:

Post a Comment