Friday, June 10, 2016

Icad's First Week

Here are my index cards for the first week of Icad 2016
Prompt #1 - Mix Tape.  I began by putting on the wide, black and white, tape on because I discovered that it can be pleated quite easily.  I then added the gold tapes and the blingy purple.

Prompt #2 - Pyramid.  I live outside of Edmonton and one of the attractions of the city is the Muttart Conservatory which is 4 glass pyramids 3 of which are filled with a different biome and the fourth is used for seasonal displays.

Prompt #3 - Snoopy.  Snoopy is pretty much the only dog I know how to draw so I just seethed  him snooping inside a box
.
Prompt #4 - Typewriter - I had a Tim  Holtz sticker of a typewriter and and old StampinUp! alphabet block for the background.  I made a little slit in the typewriter to thread the paper through and then wrote the details of the day.
Day #5 - I didn't go with the prompt of the day - just drew a mandala on a repainted card.

Prompt #6 - Top Ten List - I have a very difficult time coming up with list of things; favourite foods, music, movies, things to do.  I just come up blank.  So it took me awhile to figure out what to do with this card.  Even after I stacked the numbers, I had to decide what I was going to make a list of.  And I don't really think that this is a very accurate list of what I enjoy doing from 10 - 1…….I left out my grandson for pete's sake.

Prompt #7 - Pinball or bowling.  I drew the ball and pin and some lightening "strikes" and zentangled inside the ball and pin.
Mandalas and zentangles are my go-tos when I'm not sure what to do.  Keeping to the prompts is not the most important thing- it's creating something everyday.  So……


Create something everyday.
Joan


Art distills sensations and embodies it with enhanced meaning. 
Miguel de Unamuno

No comments:

Post a Comment