Saturday, June 25, 2016

3rd Week of ICAD

Prompt 15- Bouquet - I painted a small bouquet on watercolour paper with watercolour paints.  I'm not to good with flowers yet, so I kept them as simple as possible.

Prompt 16 - Wallpaper - I found the ugliest scraps of wallpaper that I had and layered them on top of one another and stapled them to the index card.  It seemed true to form to have layers of wallpaper, since in the days these babies were used, you would slap one layer of wallpaper on top of another.

Prompt 17 - landscape.  I came across an index card that had a stroke of gold paint on it, a wee bit of blue and a blob of yellow and orange at the top; so I decided to create a dessert scene - complete with oasis.

Prompt 18 - Orange - I love doing monochromatic anything. So it was fun to find orange  bits and pieces in  my stash.

Prompt 19 - Snow.  I used one of my Stampin'Up! snowflake stamps and embossed it in silver on a paper I had added some turquoise toned alcohol ink to.  Then I added some glue and sprinkled some micro flakes on top - voila.

Prompt 21 - 1960's.  When I think of the 60's I think of the Peter Max posters that were big at the time and Flower Power.   I copied this dove poster and wrote the icad in bubble letters - which was kind of a new thing.  The background is suppose to have a hot pink stripe in the middle - but it didn't come out very well.

Prompt 21 - Create your Own Prompt - Black and White.  I said I love monochromatic!  I took a piece of black card stock measured to index card size and drew a mandala with white water based paint Sharpie.

Create something any size everyday.
Joan

f art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. 
John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment