Thursday, June 23, 2016

More Zentangles and hot glue

I'll tell ya - I had a bit of a hard time remembering how to use a compass properly from math class!….but I finally got the hang of it again.  I had fun filling in all the sections and learned to do a new sort of flower and leaves.

For Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday this time round we used hot glue guns to create our own stencils.  What fun!  I will be making more of these for sure.

Especially when the pages turn out like this.  I put gesso on the pages as a bottom coat, put down the stencils (once they were hard and dry) and then painted with watercolours, letting the stencils stay where they were while the paint dried.
You can't tell from the picture, but the paper sort of rippled into the stencils too - probably because it wasn't water-colour paper.
I will definitely be doing this again.  Tons of fun!

Create Something everyday.
Joan

My paintings are not about what is seen. They are about what is known forever in the mind.
 Agnes Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment