Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Two Inspiration Wednesdays

Here are two spreads for the past two Inspiration Wednesdays which I completed this week…..I got behind.  I love doing art with other artists because then I get ideas that I have a record of so I can look back and repeat them.  I love these circles with the glaze and shading; it makes them pop off the page.  Donna Downey's left hand page didn't have a butterfly or anything on it except the paint and paste, but I wanted to add something and found this butterfly that I had stamped onto  a clear window sheet.  I coloured it with the glazes/paint I used on the pages, but I put the paint on the underside of the window sheet so that the ink wouldn't be disturbed, or I didn't have to worry quite so much about painting inside the lines.

I'm trying to keep my word of the year "Release" on every page.  My "Find Release" was done with a bronze sharpie.

Donna Downey covered her pages, for this week with two kinds of patterned wrapping paper.  I used a new roll of paper that I got just for arting, so I was happy to open it up.  Then I found so fun funky coloured letters for form my "Release" and an arrow pointing the way.  The stamps were a random addition, but I like the ones from Spain because they're so bright and go with the paper.

The paper I used on my second page was from Stampin'Up! last year - it was cotton paper  and is nice to use in arting although I never used it for cards.  I found three white feathers in my stash from my walks and I coloured them with both "Stained" or "Brush Tipped" Sharpies to go along with the feathers on the wrapping paper.

These were both fun pages to do.
Create something everyday…..even if I don't get things posted everyday.
Joan

"The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. "
Pablo Picasso



No comments:

Post a Comment