Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Patchwork and Texture

Last week I created a random patchwork pattern on a canvas thinking I paint another set of houses on it.  I decided that the background was too busy and too many colours so I decided to just create the mixed media canvas you see below.

First I put a light wash of creamy coloured paint over the patches to push them into the background.  Next I added some stencilling in two different colours.  I had some corrugated cardboard for IKEA, along with some other specialty papers which I layered and this cool straw like "paper" which I tore apart to add.  I've been debating whether to add words or not - but I think I'll just leave it the way it is.

Create something everyday - remember there's no mistakes - only creative opportunities.
Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment