Sunday, April 24, 2016

Show Book Pages

I've been spending a bit of time lately cleaning out my ephemera/fodder box and emptied some space by doing a number of pages in my Show Book - a book where I put all the covers from musical programs we've seen, the ticket, etc.
For the Natalie Cole page I'm going back 8 years - it's hard to believe.  I remember it being a very good concert.

Matilda was a musical my husband and I saw one November break when we were in New York.  The staging was incredible- it's amazing what people can come up with!  What I generally do with these musical pages is to write the songs that were sung around the edges.

Seeing Katharine Hepburn in a production certainly was an event.  It was 1977, in Chicago.  She was a bit of a hero to me - a woman who spoke her mind and did what she felt was right despite what others thought.  I'm glad I was able to get a fairly okay picture of her on stage at the end….in the days of little instamatic cameras with flashes.

Create something (with your memories) everyday,
Joan


"Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."
Jonathan Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment