Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Journals and Canvas

 Today is Inspiration Wednesday with Donna Downey, and I haven't even posted the last page spread that we did.  We used paper napkins to cover the spread and then embellished it just a little bit so the napkins weren't covered too much.  I added a few punched butterflies with glitter bodies and a canvas tag which I stamped a sentiment on and then sewed little metal letters of my "word of the year".

I've also been taking an on line abstract flower painting class with Donna Downey.  I have probably posted the "practise" pieces I did - but this one is on canvas.  It's a wee bit lopsided, but not too bad.

With the paint that was left over from the above flowers, I covered a canvas for a background for ….something.  I haven't quite decided what yet - zentangles, a mandala, a garden.  I'm not sure.  I'll just be leaving it in view in my art room until something hits me.

Create something everyday - even if you don't finish it right away.
Joan

"Drawing is exercise for the restless mind."  Tim Burton





No comments:

Post a Comment