Saturday, April 16, 2016

Canvas Pieces

I honestly don't know where the time goes.  One day I'm up to date with my blog posts and the next I'm two weeks behind….but I have been busy. 
Today I'm sharing two canvases I've created.  The top one has a background created with paper napkins which I painted over in the middle in order to create a working space.  I stencilled the leaves on with coloured molding paste and added some flowers that are left over from a Stampin'Up! product we had a number of years ago.  I just loved these little flowers.  Next I cut some butterflies out of a piece of scrapbook paper that had the same colour combinations and added the quote.

I so agree with this quote!  I loved Paris when we went there a number of years ago.  The background for this piece is tissue paper with a "french" theme.  I then covered it with some pieces from a piece of scrapbook paper, added some stamps and some a french script stamp.  The words of the quote are made out of chipboard which I distressed before attaching.  I love the monochromatic look to this piece too.

Create something everyday,
Joan

"Painting transports me into another dimension which, quite literally, refreshes parts of the soul which other activities can't reach."  Prince Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment