Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Inspiration Wednesdays

I'm always excited for Wednesdays to see what new things we'll be doing with Donna Downey - and to watch her very entertaining videos.
I liked the layout for this page - brown paper along the bottom, "bleeding" tissue paper on top with the colour extended into the white area.  I also got to use some of my specialty paper to and text to collage a bit.  
The stencil we were using was about perception, so I found some big eyes in my stash to add to the ephemera.
It was fun "breaking up " the stencil - separating the words onto different areas of the page.  I had to work on other things in-between applications of the molding paste - I've learned for bad past experiences that it's better to be patient than to rush.
Once the molding paste was dry I added some acrylic paint mixed with a glaze medium to cover the words and help bring out their texture.



This portion of a spread was done prior to the one above.  I was happy to use the lotus stencil because I had used it on a canvas and wanted to see how Donna worked with it.  I like the gold on these pages, but I need work on the lotus!

Create something everyday,
Joan


"Art is never finished, only abandoned"  Leonardo daVinci

No comments:

Post a Comment