Saturday, March 19, 2016

Time...

I had a lot of fun working on this piece, although it took a while before I knew what was going to evolve.  The canvas sat for quite a while with the collage of watches on a white canvas.  I finally added a dark wash over the watches and the canvas and left the huge black watch out of the mix.  As soon as I stuck it in a "Rule of Threes" spot, things began coming together quite quickly.  I added the black molding paste of clock pieces and "punched out" the gold pieces.  Once I had picked out a quote and decided to use my Big Shot to cut out letters it was a done deal.  I used my Stampin'Up! gold foil paper for the word "Time" and for the gold pieces.  I'm very happy with the way this one turned out.

Create something everyday.
Joan

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."  Degas

No comments:

Post a Comment