Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cardboard Book

I've been reading "Taking Flight" by Kelly Rae Roberts and have ended up creating a little cardboard painting at the end of each chapter……which, for the most part, she has given instructions to.  I may collage the background, or just paint it.  I like giving all the girls wings and there seems to be a butterfly on each page too - if only I could find as many dragonflies!


I added a little trinket from a necklace my daughter no longer wanted. The post card is written from my Grandfather's cousin in Scotland - and I was lucky enough to meet up with his daughter again this summer.  We had been pen pals as girls, and now are friends on Facebook.  She said she recognized her father's writing right away when she saw this page posted.


That's all of them for now.  The substrate (base) for each one is the cover of a Reader's Digest Condensed book.  The perfect little size for this project.

Create something everyday.
Joan

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by then ones you did do."
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment