Saturday, March 12, 2016

Pros and Cons and Butterflies

This was fun spread to do for Muse30.  I tried going through my box of words - but couldn't come up with everything I wanted.  So I  just went to magazines and cut the prefixes of the words that went had "pro" or "con".  I also used my label maker to add words that were more difficult to find, but which I wanted to have added to the spread.  A stencil with sharpie was used for the headings and the "winning" banner was made with a piece of linen ribbon written on with sharpie.

This was another page that I had a lot of fun doing!  I follow Mike Deakin  on Youtube and decided to try one of his "Mission Inspiration" - what fun.  He gave a 10 point criteria that had to be completed on the journal spread - step by step.  However, I had the 1st and 10th criteria already in my journal waiting to be worked with - so I started from there.  It's fun to see all the different ways that people interpreted the list too. Tons of fun, and I really enjoy his other videos.   I will probably go back and do some of the other Mission Inspirations.
The butterflies on this spread are punched with our Stampin'Up! punch and the flowers were cut out of a seed magazine .  The greenery is stencilled and then outlined. Swishes of paint and credit card markings of paint also. 

Create something everyday.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment