Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Frida for a friend

The woman who got me started with all this art journaling and mixed media really likes the artwork of Frida Kohlo. I found a tiny self portrait of Frida in one of my magazines and thought of Emily right away - so I dedicated this page to her.
The background was already complete in my journal and had been done with leftover spray inks.  I added the little portrait and then embossed the ivy design around it; then doodled the leaves on the adjourning page.  I usually doodle in-between the leaves, but I didn't want to cover up this lushes background.

Create something everyday.
Joan

"Children, like animals, use all their senses to discover the world.  Then artists come along and discover it the same way all over again."  Eudora Welty

No comments:

Post a Comment