Monday, March 21, 2016

Tag Project

Yesterday, I started working on some tags to go on a background I've had painted for a number of days.  I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for each of them.  However, the special thing about this tags is that the colour in the background is created for attaching part of a paper towel that we used on Saturday at a Divas and Demos stamping event I was at at Tamye Dunbar's.   So it didn't get thrown away - it got "up cycled".

I traced this flower from one of Donna Downey's stencils; and painted it with alcohol ink.  Actually, most of these ideas for the art on the tags is from the video this week for the Artists Gang Tuesday in conjunction with Donna's "Inspiration Wednesday".  The artist, Dee Dee Catron, created small ACTs this week.  My tags measure 5.5x4 inches.

I dropped some alcohol ink (Mermaid) onto the tag and swiped it around before it dried.  I then stitched on a button and stitched around the word "Trust" on the paper I'd stamped it onto, stitching through the lace as well.

You can barely see the white embossing of a stamped image I added to this tag.  The Mermaid and Pool alcohol inks did interesting things around the embossing - especially when I spritzed it with water before adding the stamped words and the little rosette flower and button.

Well, here I was just playing with ink and then I added a few scraps of the fiber paper I used as a background for the "Wonderful" card.  In hindsight, I should have embossed the key in black to add a bit more texture; and I am loving these big word stamps!

That's what I did yesterday - hopefully I'll get around to posting today, what I do today - and the first thing on the agenda is to finish up 4 more of these cards.

Create something everyday - even if it means you get messy.

Joan

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."  Andy Warhol


No comments:

Post a Comment