Friday, September 5, 2014

Messing with Paint

Prompt #36 - Messing with Paint
Oh there's something therapeutic about splashing paint around.  Not a lot of thought went into this, but I think because I already had the orange ink daubes at the top, I went with round splatters of paint.  Fun, fun, fun!

\
I picked up a couple books this summer on art journaling to try to get a better handle on my collages and such.  One book was "Art Journal Freedom" by Dina Wakley.  She gives little lessons on colour and composition, and then little assignments.  One of the things she includes in her collages quite a bit are silouhettes.  But it's so easy!!!!  She cuts models out of fashion magazines and then spray paints them black - easy peasy!  This woman was holding a megaphone, and I liked her stance - so she was my first try.  And along with that came the inspiration from the words to one of Stephen Curtis Chapman's songs that I love.

I had fun with a stencil technique from the book too - a process I'll share another time.

Have a wonderful day!
Create something splattery.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment