Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hand Lettering outside the Box

Daily Paper Prompt #42 - Hand Lettering
I did this page the day after the prompt - but I used the events of the day for the prompt.  It's kinda hard coming up with different ways for lettering - but I managed.

The words were inspired by the different ways I lived outside of my box that day.  I don't usually talk to strangers - I don't usually talk when I'm in a big group of people I know…
1) - I had a mochachino with a muffin for breakfast (downtown Banff) and that is NOT the sort of thing I have for breakfast!
2) I answered a couple of strangers when they asked what kind of bird was hopping at our feet while we were all waiting to cross the street - it was a magpie and I went on to talk a bit about it.
3) When passing a restaurant I saw a wife whose husband was reading the menu on the outside of the building.  I stopped and told her that if they hadn't eaten there before, the food was good.  She seemed to appreciate the information.
4) A group of tourists were standing in a line outside a store with a friend taking their picture on an iPad.  I asked if he would like to be in the picture too - they were all happy about that.
5)  And this is the biggest step outside the box.  I was invited to the Spa at the Banff Springs Hotel with a couple of women from the conference.  I did not have a bathing suit, and would have been happy to lounge and doodle in an art book…..but since we had to drive downtown, I was given the opportunity to go to the Bay to buy a swimsuit - in 5 MINUTES.  And I did it….ran in, found one, looked at the size and bought it -WITHOUT TRYING IT ON.  
And - since it was just such a perfect day from the beginning…..the bathing suit fit and it's one I think I'll be keeping in my suitcase for just such an opportunity in the future.

It's scary to live outside the box sometimes - but sometimes it works too!

Hope your day is great - 
Create some outside of the box art today.
Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment