Sunday, August 17, 2014

Watercolour tulip

I have been lucky this summer in that I have been able to spend time on three occasions with my mentor Emily.  On one of those days, she took me step by step through the process she uses for her watercolour paintings…..
She selects a photo that she has taken - she let me use this tulip of hers…..
After rubbing graphite onto the back of the photograph I attached it to a piece of 400lb watercolour paper.  Attaching it just enough to keep the paper still and then using a pencil, outline all of the lines of the photo.
Once all the lines are drawn, tape off the area to be painted with painter tape.

Emily uses purple to begin her shadowed areas - I learned a lesson with this first attempt - DON'T PUT ALL THE PURPLE DOWN AND THEN EXPECT IT TO MOVE EASILY!

I may have flubbed on the purple, but in the end I am totally blown away with what I produced!
I can't wait to do another one!

Create something everyday!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment