Thursday, August 28, 2014

ATCs

Daily Paper Prompt #26 - Artist Trading Cards

This is actually a prompt from a couple days ago - I did the little cards, attached them to the book I'm using primarily for my DPP, stuck it under something heavy to dry - and forgot about them.

I hadn't done ATCs before - last year I put some Gesso on a bunch of old playing cards ('cause they're the right size), but that's as far as I got.  I'm sorry the photo is so wonky - 
Top Left - torn paper attached to a blue background.
Top Right - I layered a bunch of scrap pieces and was going to staple them together with one staple - but then I decide to get rid of a few more odds and ends - so I bradded them together!  They're all wrappers of some sort.
Bottom Left - just a little collage of transparent papers/washi tape on top of a beer coaster - and a little piece of bling
Bottom Right - another collage on top of a painted background.  I made a mess of this one - I was attaching a paper napkin with a flower and butterfly - but rubbed a bit too much - you can't make out either one of them.  Oh well, it's got a strip of bling - so it's all good.

Tammy Garcia uses her ATCs (sometimes) as ways to try things out.  I think that's a good idea - they're small, so not a lot of work is involved.

Well - I'd better start my day - back to school for more Professional Development…..but our hardwood floors are being installed today - so that's awesome!

Have a good one.
Create something small.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment