Thursday, August 14, 2014

Repurposed Calendar

I bought the best calendar for my classroom this year - it already has some cool "paper collage" creations on it of me to enjoy through the months - and then I'm taking each page and reworking the elements into my own collage.
I love the dragonfly above - its a complete piece from the calendar and I just highlighted the sections of the wings with Sharpie.  I covered the base of my page (in my big found paper book) with different coloured pieces of mulberry paper that I've had for years.  Then I tore up the rest of the calendar page around the words and the calendar section itself and added them.  Finally I added a bit of paint here and there.

I have a thing for umbrellas and loved this page in the calendar.  The background is painted very similar to the page in the calendar.  I cut out the umbrella and separated the words so they could travel across the spread.  The raindrops have been cut from my bits and pieces of paper left over from my gelli prints.  I had a lot of fun picking them out.  They've been glued on and I drew around each one with Sharpie, added a bit of a shadow and a touch of white to each.  
The flowers along the bottom have been torn from a paper napkin.  

Fun fun fun!  Create everyday!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment