Sunday, August 24, 2014

Playing with Paint

I did a second Daily Paper Prompt today since the prompt this year was a bit different than last year - I think.  Anyway - last year I did the Urban Layer Cake, and today I just played around with the paint and a little plastic card….just to see what different sorts of designs I could make.  I actually ended up with a number of pages done with these colours and this technique because I put a wee bit too much paint on my palette!


Yesterday evening I finished off a page spread I began working on in Banff.  It's for a prompt from "Journal Fodder 365" to create a page and reflect on the road taken and not taken in your life.  The circles are filled with random map scraps - not of any partiular place.  Now I need to work on the reflection.  I know the roads I've taken, I'm just not sure about the ones I failed to take and the opportunities I've missed because of it.  Hmmmmm.

Another thing I did yesterday was learn a new technique that I'm going to use in my card classes this fall.  It's called Bokeh and it's done on a watercolour background.  I've got details of the process on my stamping blog HERE - if you're interested.

Happy creating - and thanks for visiting.
Joan






No comments:

Post a Comment