Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tangent Starburst

Wow - I haven't posted since the beginning of July - but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing any arting.  Sometimes I'm in places where connections are so slow that I just give up on my computer.  Plus, I have been busy with other things, and the arting gets done - but that's it.

I've started another series with Tammy over at Daisy Yellow called "Art Journal Tangents and Tactics".  The above piece is the first one called Starburst.  It's done with Sharpie and watercolour.  I copied one of Tammy's doodles - the "layered cards" is what I call them.  I'll have to remember that one in my other doodling.

I'm in Banff, Alberta right now with my husband who is attending meetings.  This is the view out our patio door!  Love it.

I had fun yesterday morning when I started to do some backgrounds because I discovered that I had left a few things at home even though I had brought a lot with me.  I didn't have a palette for my paint, so I used the package that the coffee came in - I may just put it into a book when I'm done.  I didn't bring any surface protection, so I used the newspaper they provided for the fireplace.  Tammy wanted us to use found objects to stamp paint onto our background for the second Tangent called "Cup half empty, Cup half full".   So, I found a wonderful little piece of corrugated paper wrapped around some stuff in the bathroom, and I used various bottle caps and ends of paint tubes.  Fun, fun, fun…..and that's what it's suppose to be!

I'll do more sharing of things I've done this summer…..I promise.
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment