Thursday, August 21, 2014

Accordian Book

I spent the morning creating a little accordion book for Tammy Garcia's Tangents & Tactics series.  I had a lot of fun doing this - it was a great way to use up the little bits of paper I've kept and the images I've cut out of magazines


To begin with I took a file folder and cut it into 4" sections. I used my Stampin'Up! Simply Scored board and was able to leave the folder piece "closed" to score 2.5" sections, measuring from the folded edge.  The two end sections were smaller, but that's fine.

Next I found various pieces of paper to glue as backgrounds to each section.

Then I went through my ephemera to finds bits and pieces to add, and pulled out some stamps too.  There are some retired Stampin'Up! sets that I didn't/won't get rid of - and this is one of the reasons!

The following are close-ups of each section.  Once I had attached everything I wanted, I used my watercolour crayons to outline each piece.  I dipped the crayon into water before drawing with it.  Never did that before, but it was what Tammy did in her tutorial video.










Believe me, I won't always have two postings in one day!
I had a lot of fun - and that's what counts!

Create something mini
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment