Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Daily Paper Prompts

Last August, after I finished all of the Index Card a Day Prompts, (which I fell flat on this summer!!!) I started in on Tammy Garcia's Daily Paper Prompts.  I didn't finish them last year, and this year she has posted the same list and is going to extend beyond 61 days…..so…..I'm posting the ones I did last year and then carrying on with the new ones I create.  
Today's post includes Days 1-18.  I really did enjoy these exercises!  I didn't like everything I created - but that's normal.  I went outside of my  comfort zone a couple times, and that promotes growth - I'm looking forward to finishing off the prompts this year and then seeing what Tammy comes up with for new ones.  I thoroughly enjoy her inspiration!

The first prompt - shown at the top was "rainbow".  I am using a spiral notebook that was sold by Stampin'Up! a couple years ago.  It doesn't have heavy paper, and it's one that I already had prepped for another purpose.  So sometimes the paint is covering up things, and other times they are included in the prompts creation.  
For the rainbow, I painted the page with an acrylic rainbow.  Once it was dry I covered it with a layer of white acrylic paint and splattered it with water.  After the paint was dry - but not the water - I dabbed of the water spots created a mottled look.  This is a technique I learned from Emily Lagore - and I love it!

Prompt #2 - Windows.  I did a gel transfer of this wonderful window in Montmartre, Paris.  Well, maybe the window isn't so fabulous - but it's the gentleman making crepes and the HUGE bottle of Nutella!  Anyway - after laying down the gel transfer, I did zentangles around the window echoing it's shape.

Prompt #3 - Drips

Prompt #4 - Flowers.  I don't draw flowers well, but I can draw Mandala/Zentangle flowers!

Prompt #5 - Linear

Prompt #6 - Certification

Prompt #7 - Leftovers

Prompt #8 - Faded

Prompt #9 - Games

Prompt #10 - I'm going to have to do this summer - stitched paper is the prompt.  

Prompt #11 - Ogee Pattern

Prompt #12 - Round 

Prompt #13 - Grid - I painted the grid just using "squares" of paint - then I drew lines on the paper and doodled in each of the boxes - shown below


Prompt #14 - Saturated Colour

Prompt 16 - Words

Prompt 16 - Dictionary Love

Prompt 17 - Chandelier

That's it for now.  
Create something everyday!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment