Wednesday, August 20, 2014

More Blues…..

Okay - I know I already did this challenge - last year - but I just had to do it again and I'm very happy with the results. Much more involved than last year. On the musical theme, I added initials for favorites- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Michael Jackson and George Gershwin - can't say I don't have eclectic preference in music! I decided to redo it after having  completed a project for prompt #19…..

Prompt #19 - Mail Art
I watched one of  Tracy Scott's videos on her mixed media ICAD projects.  I love all the layers she ends up with - so I tried it out on a card I'm going to mail to a friend.

Last night - I finished this creation.  I ended up reworking this page and I'm much happier with it now. The image on the right is something I did as a child in oil pastel. Probably a Christmas art project at school 'cause I'm pretty sure Sunday School would not have oil pastels. After adhering the tattered paper to my art journal I extended the stained glass lines further out into the spread. I had originally painted everything yellow because I had so much in then original piece, but while I was in Banff I decided to paint different colours in the sections. I always intended to do zentangles in the boxes, but I decided to keep the original piece clear and not "clean up" the original smudges.

So - I've got a lot of arting done today - in-between cutting the corners between the ceiling and walls.  My husband and friend painted our ceilings today - they look much better!   Next……preparation for hardwood floors.  It's going to be a busy time before school starts again!

Have a great day - 
Create something blue!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment