Sunday, April 12, 2015

Maps, Happiness and Gargoyles

Prompt #16 of Prompt60 was altered maps.  I've always loved maps and learned to be the navigator while traveling with my Poppa.  I've added a Stampin'Up! globe stamp and blue ink around the rough edges of each paper.

I was glad to have some black Gesso on hand because that was to be the base of this prompt which was a recipe or list of something.  I decided to follow Tammy's example of a recipe for happiness.  The stamp is one of the ones we have at Stampin'Up! right now - I love it and will be keeping it when it gets  retired.  
I covered the black gesso with a bit of white in the middle, where I would be doing writing and adding colour.  I stamped the image and wrote out my list before added rainbow colours with Neocolor II water soluble crayons.  I doodled some white "things" and the beautiful circle is one from a number that Emily Lagore shared with Allison and I on our visit.  I love how it pops off the page.


This prompt was to concentrate on neutral colours.  When Tammy mentioned greys I immediately thought of the gargoyles on Notre Dame.  So I pulled out a photocopy of one of my gargoyle photos.  I simply played around with black,  Payne's Grey and a bit of brown and let the water and watercolour paper do the rest.  Once it was dried I did a gel transfer of the photocopy so that the watercolour would show through.

That's it for today - sorry I got behind in posting.
Create something everyday,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment