Monday, April 13, 2015

Doodles and Typography

Prompt #19 had us finding a photograph of an interesting series of designs and then creating doodles out of them.  The piece on the left is the cover of a free magazine that caught my eye while leaving the grocery store a number of months ago.  It was fun to "dissect" it and come up with patterns.  My favourite is the third one down.

Prompt #20 was to go to the pantry and find items with interesting typography on their labels.  Well, I sometimes veer off onto other tangents with these prompts….I went around and gathered up some of the bags we have collected.  My daughter and I seem to be bag hoarders - but that's because I turn them into books eventually.  We were to copy the "labels" paying attention to the variety of fonts.  Then we could doodle in the empty spaces.  I decided to use the "new" doodle I had created the day before.

Create a new way of writing!
Create something everyday.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment