Thursday, April 2, 2015

Anthems, Found Paper and Zentangles

Prompt #12 for Prompt60 was Stamp and Stencil.  I had wanted to do something with the words to one of the anthems we were practicing for church because the music just made me want to move.  The key word was "word" and I didn't have a stamp for that so I carved one - twice actually because the first time I did it backwards (even though I had reminded myself what I needed to do!  I added some gold paint through stencils and all the other images are Stampin'Up! stamps - some of them may be retired - but I love them and have kept them for just such a purpose.  I did the stamping after I wrote out the words to the anthem.

Here is my backwards and correct stamp carving - but hey - I have a mirror image any time I want one!

One of the things I've been working on is little journals made completely out of scrap paper.  I had initially thought I would sell them as gardening journals, but they could be used for anything.  This is my first one - I have a bunch of others on the go!

And lastly - some entangle examples that I added to the collection I have displayed at school.  I'm having the kids work on them right now, so I want to give them as many examples for them to springboard from.

Thanks for visiting
Create something everyday
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment