Friday, October 9, 2015

Scotland Travel Journal

I made a hand bound found paper book to take to Scotland with me to act as a journal.  Next time I will think more about the types of papers I put in!  But I had fun adding memorabilia and doodling around things - or on whole pages.  I also did a pretty good job writing about the trip - although, truth be told, I haven't finished yet.
The above is the first page in the journal - I took my neocolor watercolour crayons and a aqua painter so I could paint if I wanted to rather than using marker.

While in Edinburgh, we had gone to a pub one night that was called Tiles.  They walls were decorated with all sorts of ceramic tiles, so that was the inspiration for this page - which also had as a ticket to Edinburgh Castle.

I ripped up the pamphlet for the Wallace Monument - which we climbed up!  Two hundred forty-six steps - only one winding staircase - with people going in both directions.  I sketched in some bricks around the torn paper and did a bit of shading.

I had this gelliprint page included in the book and didn't want to cover it up with paper, so I just doodled on it.

I used washi tape to attach the ticket for Stirling Castle but glued in the other two papers.  The tower is the Wallace Monument - you can see where the winding staircase is.  Lots of doodled circles to fill in the page.  I like to add colour around the torn edges of my papers and then spread it out a bit to add distressing to the paper and to highlight the tears.

This is inspired by the same Jacobite ticket to secret meetings that I did on an index card.  This piece of paper in my book is very fibrous and so I thought it fit the memory of that stamp.

We went to two distilleries while in Scotland.  I tore up the pamphlet again, which had a bit of information on it.  I then sketched in some barrels and labeled them with dates that we saw on some of the barrels in storage.

Hope you have a great day.
Create something everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment