Sunday, February 21, 2016

Listen to your Heart


This is my rendition of the Artist Gang exercise this past week.  I didn't have exactly the same paint colours that Jennifer Engle used, but they were close.  I did have the same Donna Downey stencil for the circles but not for the script.  I didn't have the butterfly stencil that she used, but I have tons of butterfly stuff in my Stampin'Up! stash.  
Finally, for the circle, I didn't have the same acetate sheets, so I used the Big Shot to cut out a circle from one of my window sheets, stitched around it with the pink thread, and then covered it with the Candy Dots that I still have, but are retired from Stampin'Up!.  I did have the Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers.
For the butterflies, I used the Swallowtail, which I cut out by hand, and Papillon Potpourri so I could use the punches that matched the stamps. I added little pieces of wire for their antennae and for the body of the Swallowtail, I strung some beads onto a wire along with a pearl for it's head.

So don't be afraid to do a project just because you don't have EVERYTHING the artist has used.  When you use your imagination and use what you have on hand, it truly becomes your piece of art.

Create something everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment