Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Collages

Wow!!!! I guess I've caught a bit of collage mojo the past number of days - I do actually enjoy creating them because they help use up those little bits and big bits that are hanging around.  They can have a theme, or not, it doesn't matter.  This one is a Prompt 60 - Mail Ephemera.  I created a background with the corners of the envelopes that I soaked stamps off of, added a variety of stamps and then used watercolour crayons in matching colours around the stamps to add a bit of extra colour.

Release is my word for the year  - so for Prompt #58 - definition or encyclopedia excerpt - I found the definition and centred the collage around that.  I created the background with watercolour crayons and the big flower on the left actually flips open and I have a list of the things I would like to be released from this year.  I find release in dance, music, nature, so those are depicted within the collage.

I found a fantastic antique market in Edmonton and decided if I'm going to spend money on buying ephemera - then I darn well better use it and not "horde" it.  I used to do a lot of sewing and I love vintage things - so this little booklet of 1945 patterns  was perfect.  The buttons are from Tim Holtz ideology called "Crowded Attic."

Have fun with stuff you have around the house and create something everyday.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment