Saturday, February 27, 2016

Butterflies finished; and more….

On my last post you saw a pile of butterflies waiting for their antennae to be put on.  This is a piece that is now on canvas, but it started out on one of my journal pages.  It's fun to make things bigger, although it can be a challenge. My journal page had only one bigger butterfly, where this canvas was big enough to hold three big butterflies and a bunch of smaller ones. 

This piece is a replica of one I did a number of years ago with only one bird on it.  That bird was also done in a patchwork of scrapbook paper.  I like these guys better!  And that's what should happen as you work each day with different pieces; learning new things and growing.  I used a number of Stampin'Up! products for this canvas also - the flowers are still current, but the letters and the bird die cuts are retired…..I'm glad I do keep some of my purchases.  The stamped words are also a retired Stampin'Up! set - and I'm a bit annoyed that I lost my "create" word!


I did "this piece" once before on a canvas, but it has evolved quite a bit because of the larger canvas board.  I'm happy with the way that the letters turned out, and the addition of the tiny heart at the bottom of the treble clef.

Don't be afraid to re-work something you've done in the past - or to add right to it.  Keep it fun!
Create something everyday.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment