Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Textures, Dots and Old Paintings


Prompt #9 of Prompt 60 was all about finding texture in magazine photos.  So I pulled out some of the fashion magazines I found at our thrift store in town, but I also put some of my card stock through by Big Shot with my variety of embossing folders.  This takes up two spreads in my book, so I split them up here, so the textures could be seen easily.

Once everything was in place, I took Neocolor II water-soluble crayons; coloured and smudged around each block.

Prompt #10 was dots - big dots and little dots in watercolour.  I guess my little dots are more like dabs.  I do want to work more on my circles and the wonderful creation of colour you CAN get if you concentrate - or maybe not concentrate so much.

I misread the 10th prompt….but with Tammy's prompts, you can always interpret them in whatever way moves you.  The prompt did have to do with old painting - but we were suppose to work from a photo prompt she had given.  Instead, I took a photo of an old painting that came from a shack my Great Uncle lived in.  I don't know who painted it - either his father or one of his brothers.  Anyway - I attached the photo to a piece of watercolour paper and then extended the picture.  Obviously I am not a painter of any type - but I did have fun with this.

Here is the original painting - long and skinny and it has a mate to go with it.  Unfortunately, there isn't anyone around to ask about who did it.

Oh - and there was a second part to this prompt - to write a flash story about the painting…..and I would really like to know what the little man on the bridge is thinking.  One day I'll add that story to my book.

Create everyday
Joan.



No comments:

Post a Comment