Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts

I had a fantastic time a couple weeks ago attending a fundraising workshop with some friends and the Nina Haggerty Centre of the arts in Edmonton.

Our tools for the night were paper, lino, pen and carving tools.

Of course, I thought the easiest thing for me to tackle would be a mandala.

Once my first carving was done, I did 5 prints - I used the same colour on each paper -  I may not do that the next time.

Once the prints were done, I went in carving a new set of lines.


For some reason my camera didn't get a complete picture of the second printing I made…..so - moving onto the third carving, I stared taking out larger sections.

When I did each successive printing I used the same colour on all five sheets, since that's how I started out.

With this final "cutting" I really got into cutting away sections that I didn't want to have colour added to.

I got a bit of advise from one of the women and two of my pieces didn't get the fourth layer of paint and I'm happy with that - I maybe should have quit earlier with all of them.  But it's necessary to experiment.  I had a fantastic time!

Jennifer with her two favourite pieces.  I'm so thankful that she thought I'd be interested and invited me along.

Ashley with her two favourite pieces.

I look forward to going back in the future. I enjoyed creating with these women and doing art that I may not easily exposed to - and to gain ideas for art classes at school.

Create something every day!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment