Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring has Sprung!

It's  been a bit of a progression - and a few Ooops!'s along the way - but I think I'm done with this.  I've used  all Stampin'Up! materials on this canvas - except for the paper napkins that I've mod-podged on.  
I covered the canvas with the Newsprint DSP and then used an Aqua-painter and re-inker for the background.  There are circles and flowers stenciled on using the left overs from a Paper Pumpkin or a piece of card stock with flowers punched out of it.   I also stamped the little honeycomb using a stamp from a Paper Pumpkin - and embossing powder.  The doodling is free hand of course.
The letters are from my stash of left overs from die cuts with my Big Shot.  I keep all the left over letters in little boxes so I can grab them when needed.  I painted each letter with white Gesso - and then spritzed them with a green - it's hard to see though.  I had to colour the first three letters black because of a major ooops - 
Finally - I added some leaves and punched out flowers as well as some paper napkins. Butterflies and some patches of glitter are the final touches.

Hope spring has arrived in your corner of the world - we still need rain and warm weather for the leaves and flowers to appear - but there is that promise that they will appear.

Have a great day!
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment