Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fly High Butterfly

This has been a work in progress.  I started with a layer of varied papers on a small canvas; added some paints and a layer of tinted holding paste.  (I used some of my Stampin'Up! reinker to change the colour of the molding paste).  I stamped on some honeycomb bits from a Paper Pumpkin stamp.  The Swallowtail was stamped onto a window sheet using Staz-On black ink and then cut out.  I placed it on the canvas so the wings extend beyond the edges - and I love being able to see the background through the butterfly!
I added some glitter gel pieces that I made a number of weeks ago and finally attached an old clip-on earring that belonged either to my Grandma or to my Poppa's sister.
The words are from a song sung by Nicole C. Mullen (a number of years ago) - one of my favourite Christian artists.

Fly High!
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment